We all know that your teeth are located inside your mouth, however, all of us do not know that everything we put into our mouth will greatly affect our smile. For example, dark liquids such as wine, cola, and coffee are likely to stain your teeth if you drink them on a frequent basis. There are some foods that you can add to your diet that will help promote your smile in positive ways such as added protection, cavity prevention or to help promote faster healing inside your mouth.
We have listed our top 6 foods that we think you would benefit from adding to your diet.
- Kiwi is also known as a superfruit because it is loaded with Vitamin C. So not only will your immune system benefit from Kiwi, but Vitamin C will help keep the collagen in your gums preventing that breaking down.
- Strawberries may be a dark red color, but they will actually help your teeth become whiter as they contain malic acid which will help boost your tooth enamel.
- Loaded with fiber and vitamin A will help strengthen your teeth and build your enamel up even more than what your body does on its own.
- Green or Black Tea
- Both of these teas contain Catechin which has been proven to slow down the growth of bacteria in your mouth, specifically bacteria that causes gum disease.
- Not only do mushrooms taste delicious but they are packed with antimicrobial properties that help fight tooth decay. Specifically, give Shitake mushrooms a try!
- Blueberries or Raspberries
- Sweet and delicious, and both of these berries a packed with anthocyanins which help your teeth fight against bacteria that will eventually lead to gingivitis which is the beginning stage of gum disease.
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. James Wooddell and Dr. Joe Passaro can help you come up with a life-changing diet that will not only make you feel much better on a regular basis but will also make your smile perform the way it was meant to. To schedule an appointment at our Davidsonville, MD dental office, call (410) 343-7075 or schedule an appointment online.