Tooth decay is something that can be prevented, but for the majority of us, we will deal with some form of tooth decay during our lifetime. However, we can try our best to prevent tooth decay and cavities, so we are going to list some easy to do and easy to add to your daily routine to make sure that you give it your best try to not have any cavities throughout your lifetime.
Tips To Prevent Tooth Cavities
- Brush Your Teeth Daily: It sounds obvious, but brushing really is the best way that you can keep your teeth and gums in the best condition. Adults should choose a toothbrush with medium to firm bristles. Smaller toothbrush heads are better as they allow you to get into all the hard to reach places. Make sure you brush at least twice a day, and if you can, after you have eaten lunch and dinner.
- Floss Daily: Floss can help remove food or tiny forms of bacteria that can not be seen with just the naked eye. Flossing is the second best habit to have in your oral hygiene routine.
- Stay Hydrated: High-quality H20 does wonders for your body and especially for your smile. Water will help rinse away any bacteria or food left in your mouth or miss from brushing and flossing. Also, most counties in the United States these days have added fluoride to the tap water system. Fluoride is great for your smile as it will help brighten your smile!
- Do Not Use Tobacco Products: This one should be a no brainer, and frankly, we are surprised that patients still even consider using tobacco products. There is not one positive to using tobacco products as they do not smell good, they stain your teeth, and not too mention the negative effects on your overall health.
- Visit Dr. James Wooddell and Dr. Joe Passaro Regularly: This final step is vital to your oral hygiene success as it will help us find any potential risks or concerns before they actually become an issue. Most appointments take less than an hour, and we only recommend that you come in twice per year. So, you can definitely find time to come in and visit us!
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. James Wooddell and Dr. Joe Passaro can identify and treat tooth decay and tooth cavities. Let us help you with your oral hygiene routine. To schedule an appointment at our Davidsonville, MD dental office, call (410) 343-7075 or schedule an appointment online.